Terms & Conditions
Once you reserve a villa a deposit of 50% is due on booking, and 50% 29 days in advance to confirm your stay. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation without notice to you.
Arrival / Departure times
Typical check-out and check-in times are 12:00 noon and 2:00pm respectively unless stated otherwise. East Villas will work to try to accommodate your actual arrival and departure times.
Damage or Losses
Our properties are someone’s home. Please treat them, and leave the Property and all its contents in good order and in an acceptably clean condition.
Any damage or losses caused during the Rental Period, as well as any special cleaning requirements will be the Guest’s responsibility and may be charged to the Guest’s account.
In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the Rental Period, the Owner or Owner’s Representative may require the Guest and their party, including visitors to vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund.
The Property and its facilities are available for the Guest’s full enjoyment during the rental period. However the Owner, Owner’s Representative, or other staff and contractors may need access to the Property from time to time (e.g. for maintenance purposes to the house, garden, swimming pool, utilities and services, or for the purposes of providing additional services requested by the Guest, etc.). The Guest is required to give them reasonable access to the Property for these purposes.
Number of Guests
The number of persons (adults and children) staying at the Property must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the booking confirmation and reservation voucher, unless specifically authorised in writing. Exceeding this number may invalidate any insurance policy on the Property. Entry or access to the Property may be refused or limited where the number of guests exceeds the stated requirement. No pets are allowed unless agreed in writing in advance.
Use of Property
All bookings are assumed to be for normal holiday purposes only, and the Guest agrees that the use of the Property will be limited to this purpose unless otherwise confirmed in writing.
If the Guest is planning to hold an event, such as a wedding or party, which involves having a larger number of people at the Property, or if the Guest is planning to use the Property for a purpose other than holiday, please communicate this to east-villas at the time of booking, as special approval or arrangements may be required. Depending on the nature of the event, a surcharge and/or additional security deposit may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the reservation. Note that some of our properties are in residential areas or estates, and some are subject to rules and regulations regarding their use. Therefore, it may not always be possible to grant permission for certain uses or activities due to these or other reasons beyond our control.
Conduct and Due Care
Properties are generally located in quiet residential neighbourhoods. The Guest is asked to respect this, and ensure that all guests and visitors to the Property behave appropriately. Illegal or immoral activities including gambling, prostitution, prohibited drugs, possession or use of pyrotechnics or dangerous goods, and possession or use of firearms and other weapons are all strictly prohibited. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the properties.
The Guest is responsible for the behaviour of the guests staying at the Property, as well as visitors to the Property during the Rental Period. Should any guest(s) or visitor(s) not behave in a suitable manner, east-villas may require the Guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund
In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the Property at all times, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given around pools, beaches and roads, and when using all Property’s facilities.
Valuables and Security
Any Guest valuables or property left or used at the Property are at the Guest’s own risk. east-villas accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to Guest property. The Guest is responsible for the Property during the Rental Period, and must ensure that all windows and doors are locked securely when not on the premises. Any act or omission by the Guest, their party and/or visitors which may negate or prejudice the Property’s insurance policy and/or results in loss or damage is the Guest’s responsibility.
Once the Guest’s booking is confirmed, the price of the Guest’s reservation is fully guaranteed, even if east-villas changes the price on its website after the Guest’s booking has been confirmed. In return for this commitment, no refunds will be made for any exchange rate fluctuations that would otherwise reduce the rental cost.
east-villas reserves the right to impose any taxes or other charges which may be implemented by any government or other regulatory body, which were unknown at the time of publishing. East Villas will tell the Guest promptly in the unlikely event that it becomes aware that any taxes or charges will apply to the Guest’s booking.
If the Guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to east-villas. All cancellation notices received by east-villas will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the Guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to:
- Cancellation of one or more days of a booking;
- An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking;
- Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and
- Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply:
- 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
The applicable amount will be deducted from the deposit and moneys paid, and East Villas will refund any remaining balance to the Guest.
Once a booking confirmation is issued by east-villas, a fee of USD $50 will apply to each amendment made. east- villas will do its best to accommodate any reasonable amendments, but the Guest should be aware that some changes may not be possible.
Please note that these amendment policies apply for regular booking periods. Special amendment terms may apply for peak/high seasons and will be stated in the Property description, booking confirmation or reservation voucher. If the information in any of these is inconsistent, the most recently issued terms will prevail.
Every attempt will be made for the Guest to have an enjoyable stay. If the Guest should have a problem during the Rental Period, please inform us immediately who will endeavour to put things right.
With advanced notice, groceries can be delivered to your villa prior to your arrival with the food and beverages of your choice. This is a free of charge service. For these and all other needs, please contact us.
east-villas does not accept any responsibility or liability for:
- Any physical injury, sickness or death, loss, damage, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the Guest, their party or visitors regardless of cause.
- Any vehicle or contents of any vehicles used, hired or engaged by the Guest or their party during the rental period
- Inability of the Guest or any member of the Guests party to enter the location of the property or stay at the property for full or part of the rental period as a result for failure to obtain appropriate visa or travel documentation, cancellation or amendments to travel arrangements or missing of flights or travel connections and/or
- Any delay or cancellation of booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, terrorist activity (threatened or actual) , natural disaster, fire, sickness, weather conditions, actions at airport or port by any Government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and air regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns.